Monday, September 5, 2011

Its Spring at Scrapmatts and a DT Callout.....

Well i do believe Spring is in the air with all flowers blooming and thunderstorms starting....

Not great weather for those asthma sufferers....certainly feel for those people....

But for those of us that do not, i love getting up close and personal with the fauna and flaura during Springtime...

I had alot of fun creating my creations for this months upload. I hope you enjoy and find some inspiration from my layouts.

"You are my Sunshine"

CB 2002 Film Strips 01

CB 6017 Music Notes 02

a close up:

"Just Look Up"

CB 1026 Flowers 06

a close up:


Hope you find some inspiration and Spring catches up with you.....

I would also like to thank Jasmine for sending me an awesome Scrapbook Nook Kit and some Purple Pumpkin buttons which i have used to produce these layouts.
I just hope i did you justice with the bright and funky kit you sent me....LOL



Bird Is the Word



It is September 1st....fall is in the air for me and I know Spring is in the air for many of you. I LOVE summer and am always sad to see it go. Winters in Minnesota are brutally long, dark and cold - so for me - the last days of summer can hang on tight.

Well, with the change of seasons, we are looking for six new design team members at Bird is the Word! Many of the existing members are hanging around (yeah!) but a few had to leave due to time constraints and other things. We are excited for new faces and new creations! As mentioned earlier this week...five new members will be chosen as traditional DT members and one new member will be chosen as a "sketch designer".

So, here are the details.....we are pretty low key around here.

1. Words are provided ahead of the official post on the BITW blog. Our design team creates a layout or project prior to the official posting date.
2. Two layouts using the provided word are required each month.
3. You have a blog you can post your projects on after they are revealed every other Sunday.
4. Besides creating two projects, your time is required for voting on the winning layouts and also for commenting on submitted layouts from challenge participants.
5. If you are interested in being a sketch designer, your sketches would be your DT submission, but you would be able to create an actual layout if you wanted to. Your sketches would be posted at the same time as the other layouts when they are revealed. However, many times the DT likes to use the sketch for their layouts, so the sketches would be needed ahead of time for the DT use.

That is about all I can think of for now. You will be on the DT for six months with the option of staying longer if you wish!!

If you are interested in being on the DT, please email me at birdteam2011@yahoo.com. When emailing me please include your blog address so that I can view your previous work. Also, please let me know if you are interested in the sketch position. Prior experience is not required for this position, but I would like to see a couple of sketches, so please attach those to your email.

The deadline for the DT call will be September 15th.

Wendy

4 comments:

Jasmine S said...

OMG. I cannot believe what you have created Kylie. I had to look at it all twice to see exactly what you did to make everything look so AWESOME. Even down to the ribbon. You are amazing. The doodling is fantastic and the PP buttons and sun look brilliant.
Honestly, you have blown me away.
I am so glad you loved the kit.

Kerryn said...

These are such bright, fun pages. Love them :).

Christy said...

Such a creative style ...I LOOOOVE it!

Hannah said...

Great LO's Kylie, so bright and fun :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails